Instructions: 1. Cut a length of elastic cord that when doubled, is long enough to go around your wrist. Place a lobster clasp on it.
2. Add 2-3 beads after the lobster clasp, then add a second lobster clasp, facing the same way.
3. Pull the cord so that what you have already beaded is in the middle of the cord. Add your beads to each side--you may want to bead so that both sides match. Go about 1/3 of the desired length.
4. Add a spacer bar, looping each side of the cord into the spacer bar, then continue beading until you get to about 2/3 of the way through the length. Add another spacer bar here, and then finish your beading. *It's easy to make your band too long! Don't forget the cord is stretchy and the watch face takes up space, also. So continue to check the length against your wrist.
5. Hold one end of the cord at the end of the beading. At the other end of the cord, after your beading, add another lobster clasp facing the same way as the ones on the other end.
6. Add your 2-3 beads, then the fourth and last lobster clasp.
7. Tie a TIGHT and secure knot with the cord after the fourth lobster clasp and the other end of the cord.
8. Add a drop of super glue to ensure your knot will not slip.
9. After the super glue is dried, cut off the loose and long ends of the cord.
10. You can now add your beaded watch band to the watch face with the lobster clasps.
11. Make multiple bands per watch face and enjoy switching them out!
We are two stay-at-home moms with three kids each.Art and Soulis a monthly craft club designed to help busy mamas and ladies find time to explore their inner crafter. Here, we can pass on the projects to anyone--whether or not you can come to our get-togethers -- because we believeevery soul needs a little art!