BEADED SERVING PIECES
Serving pieces (Dollar Tree, Wal-Mart, Target, World Market)
Heavy gauge jewelry wire--it's on a spool (Hobby Lobby, Michael's, JoAnn's)
Jewelry needle nose pliers
Jewelry wire cutters
Beads (Hobby Lobby, Michael's, JoAnn's)
1. Cut about 7 lengths of the handle of the serving piece from the jewelry wire with the wire cutters.
2. With your pliers, create a swirl with the bottom of the wire--twist it to create a "curly q." (See the photos above if you need help envisioning this).
3. Place this swirl at the handle near the serving part, and twist the wire 3-4 times around the handle.
4. Time to begin beading! Add a bead, then twist the wire one full time around before repeating with the next bead. (the handle will be bead, wire, bead, wire). If you chose smaller beads, you will need several in a row to go across the width of the handle.
5. At the end of the handle, you may wish to add a charm for an extra touch.
6. If you have too much wire left, cut it down a bit. Create another swirl, and wrap the wire at least 3-4 times around to finish with the swirl at the other end of the handle.